Dickinson/Milson Genealogy
Discovering our American, Australian, British, Canadian and European Ancestors
First Name: 
Last Name: 

Photos

» Show All     1 2 3 4 5 ... 560» Next»     » Slide Show



Thomas Potter Macqueen was granted 20,000 acres between Scone and Muswellbrook in 1823, and was responsible for naming the town of Aberdeen, after his friend The Earl of Aberdeen, and then having it gazetted as a township. In 1837 when he had almost completed the building of the Inn he wrote to Francis Fisher, Crown Solicitor of New South Wales and described the building as follows -

"The Inn is now being roofed in - it will cost about 100 pounds more in window glass, ironwork for doors, nails, etc., and perhaps 200 pounds for labour - but it is the best building of the sort in the colony - it is of solid stone two feet thick - the lower rooms 14 the upper rooms 11 feet high - it contains two large parlours, landlord's family room - one small parlour and double bed room below - five bedrooms and two dormitories for male and female servants above - detached kitchen - tap room and store - it is beautifully situated - has a well of superb clear water in the garden, with one paddock of 30 acres of pasture and another of 10 acres for green barley for the horses...........it has excited great attention in this neighbourhood........"






File nameSegenhoe hotel 1937
File Size22.71k
Linked toCharles Millson

» Show All     1 2 3 4 5 ... 560» Next»     » Slide Show